Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Battle Ready bases review

Hey! Recently I bought a pack of battle ready cobblestone bases for my Haqqislam army for Infinity.
This will be the first time I've done one of these and will go on a scale of 1-10 for the whole product and explain my reasoning.

Here is how they look straight out of the package, minimal amount of flash and other molding issues.
After a quick filing and clipping some of the bigger pieces I rinsed them in soap and water.

The details are very good with no bubbling or warping.

Over all for $8.50 USD for 10 they are easily worth it in my eyes.

I would give them a 8/10.

I decided to do a quick painting tutorial too :D.


After a quick cleaning and washing I started with Vallejo Model Air Grey primer. After laying down a solid coast of that I hit it with VMA sand.

Once that dried, I washed it with watered down Model color black. To shade the cobblestones and add depth.

After that had dried I washed it with some Brown vallejo paint that has the label ripped off. Just use whatever brown or reddish brown you have. Ogryn flesh from GW will work.
This is to add color variation and make it almost like mosaic looking *shrug*.


After THAT had dried I over brushed the stones (its like drybrushing but the paints wet ?_?) with Vallejo sand and some GW kommando khaki. Try to use this to reduce the colors before that didn't make it into the cracks.

While I didn't get a picture of it I washed the rubble/sand parts then over brushed it with VMA U.S.A grey then 50/50 with VMA white to highlight it.

Over all they turned out pretty good in my opinion.


Heres a shot of my Jannissary heavy infantry on one of the bases. I'll take better pictures of the model itself in my light box later.

(Not pictured I painted the rim with VMA black, I know its super important but I couldn't get the lighting right to show how important it is).

7 comments:

  1. There is no doubt in the app you can easily download the app the most exciting features are waiting for you can easily go with, so Download TutuApp APK Official App For Android, iOS devices, iPad, iPhone Tutu App. There are nothing extra features required in this app because the most important items are already available in his update versions. Download Latest Version. Also love Cartoon HD. These are some features of Tubemate Apk you can easily know about this app when you use because if we use any app without any information then we lost in the app and never get the best information about what to do next in the app.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gamekiller
    gamekiller app
    gamekiller download
    framaroot
    As this hacking app is not helpful to gamers only but can bypass in-app purchases for free of other Android apps like of PicsArt.

    ReplyDelete